Visions of Kenya Competition Terms and Conditions
- Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only
- Competition is live from 6th June, 2017 and closes at 23:59 August 31st 2017. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted
- The promoter of this competition is Hills Balfour Limited on behalf of the Kenya Tourism Board. General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
- Visitors to the Visions of Kenya microsite can enter the competition by selecting their favourite Kenya Champion and entering their details to be placed into a random prize draw to win a holiday to Kenya
- Bulk, automatically generated or third-party entries are void
- There will be one winner and one prize
- Winner will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within three days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavors will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner does not respond within 24 hours, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date
- The prize will only be awarded directly to the winner. The winner may choose one guest only to accompany them. The winner and nominated guest must travel together
- The prize includes:
- Economy Class return flights for two people to Nairobi, returning from Mombasa. Outbound flights depart from London Heathrow Airport only and include two items of checked luggage per person (under 23kg per item). Valid on Kenya Airways operated services only.
- A three-night stay at Sanctuary Olonana in the Maasai Mara, inclusive of all meals, game drives, nature walk, Maasai village visit, bush meals, laundry services, all beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic with the exception of Champagne and premium brands) and airstrip transfers from Kichwa Tembo Airstrip
- Four nights stay at Turtle Bay Beach Resort (staying on an all-inclusive basis in a Club or Lamu room, dependent on availability and airport transfers from Mombasa International Airport
- Domestic flights from Nairobi to the Maasai Mara will be provided by Safarilink. Taxes will be paid by the Kenya Tourism Board. Subject to a minimum of two paying passengers on prizewinner flight and availability at time of booking.
- Ground transfers from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to Nairobi – Wilson will be provided by Gamewatchers. Subject to availability at time of booking.
Due to any unforeseen circumstances (flight cancellations, delays or overbooking) relating to the Kenya Airways flights the prize winner is booked on, the winner will not be entitled to compensation from the airline
Prize must be booked and travelled by 10th May 2018. Blackout dates apply as follows: 21st December - 5th January; 1st February – 20th April and any other embargos partners may impose
All bookings are subject to availability at time of booking
Winner and guest must have a full passport valid for at least six months at the time of travel
Visas must be arranged by the winner and their guest for travel to Kenya. This can be done in advance at http://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html or on arrival
Winner and guest must arrange their own vaccinations; as advised by their own doctor, and suitable travel insurance for all activities provided as part of the prize
Winner and guest take full responsibility for any risks associated with traveling to and from Kenya. Winner and guest must take into account any travel advice from the Kenyan and British Governments to ascertain whether they wish to travel. Competition partners are not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the winner or guest that arises from them not following Kenyan and British Government travel advice
The winner and their guest must not have any limitations upon their ability or rights to travel to and from the United Kingdom, or within Kenya. The right to refuse entry to Kenya is held by passport control and the country’s authorities. The Promoter is not responsible for ensuring the winner or their guest’s ability to travel and is not responsible for any costs incurred should entry be refused by Passport control or the country’s authorities
The prizewinner cannot transfer or sell the prize on, or use it to generate income
Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended. All travellers must be aged 18 or over. The international flight tickets are non-upgradeable
Under no circumstance will this prize be reissued
Winners may be required to take part in publicity with no recompense
The Promoter reserves the right to verify any entrant or winner including but not limited to proof of name and address
The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, but will make reasonable efforts to minimise the effect of this.
Any questions concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on the law of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland).
By entering the competition, entrants agree to be contacted via email by Kenya Airways, Sanctuary Retreats, Turtle Bay Beach Resorts, Safarilink and Gamewatchers about news, promotions and offers that may be of interest to them. Entrants may however unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
Employees of Hills Balfour Limited, MDS, Kenya Airways and their immediate families or anyone else connected with the promotion are not eligible to win the competition.
By entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
*GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
- The winners are responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- Competition entry will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.